Poland: Where can you find information about the company in Poland?
To print this article, simply register or connect to Mondaq.com.
In this article we will focus on the company information that is publicly available for companies registered in Poland.
Where can I find information about the company?
In Poland, company information is held by 3 different bodies.
1) The Central Register and Information on Economic Activity (CEIDG) holds information on entrepreneurs who are individual entrepreneurs (independent) or partners in a civil society made up of natural persons.
CEIDG is managed by the Ministry of Economic Development and can be accessed at the following link: https://wws.ceidg.gov.pl/. The site is free and available in Polish and English.
A search on CEIDG will provide the following information: PIN and REGON numbers, date of incorporation, registered address and contact details, types of activities (based on the Polish classification of activities), status of economic activity, contact details of representatives (lawyers) .
2) The National Court Register (RCN) is a centralized database managed by selected district courts located in major Polish cities and consists of three separate registers:
The NCR provides the following information: KRS, PIN and REGON numbers, full company name, company category, type of register, company category (e.g. private, public), date of incorporation, registered address, contact details of directors / signatories.
3) The National Official Register of Enterprises (REGON) holds information for the following entities:
- Moral people,
- organizational entities without legal personality,
- natural persons carrying out economic activities (including private agricultural holdings),
- local units of the entities mentioned above.
You can access the National Register of Courts website at: http://www.stat.gov.pl/regon/
Civil law partnerships can be found in the REGON Register if you cannot find any data in the CEIDG.
The following information can be found in REGON: category of company, full company name, registered office, type of register, date of incorporation, category of company.
The REGON website is free and only available in Polish.
How to search?
To search for information on any of the above registers, you must insert one of the following information: company name, KRS number, PIN number or REGON number. However, for REGON you cannot search using just the company name.
On CEIDG, if a person was registered as an individual entrepreneur (independent) or as a partner in a civil society before January 1, 2012, to search for the person, you will need to enter their PESEL number (a numeric symbol that identifies uniquely a specific person registered in the PESEL database).
NIP (Numer Identyfikacji Podatkowej) is a number for tax purposes
REGON (Rejestr Gospodarki Narodowej) is a number for national statistical purposes
KRS (Krajowy Rejestr Sadowy) is the registration number of the National Court
What are the different types of businesses in Poland?
The main trading companies in Poland adopt one of the following structures:
- A spolka z ograniczona odpowiedzialnoscia (sp. Zo o) which means a limited liability company (LLC);
- A spolka akcyjna (SA) which means joint stock company (JSC);
- A prosta spolka akcyna (PSA) which designates a simple joint stock company (simple JSC);
- A spolka europejska (SE) which means a European company (CE);
- A spolka komandytowa (sp.k.) which means limited partnership;
- A spolka komandytowo-akcyjna (SKA) which stands for a limited stock company; and
- A spolka partnerska (sp.p.) which means a professional partnership.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.
POPULAR POSTS ON: Company Law / Commercial Law of Poland