President Donald Trump might not like the message sent Thursday morning to McDonald’s 3 million followers on Twitter.
The fast food chain targeted Trump through the president’s favorite medium, Twitter, before quickly removing the tweet and claiming their account had been “compromised.”
The original tweet, posted at 9:16 am, read: “@RealDonaldTrump You are actually a disgusting excuse from a president and we would love to have @BarackObama back, you have little hands too.”
An hour later, the company unpin and deleted the tweet, which had racked up more than 1,000 retweets during that time. McDonald’s posted a new message saying his account had been compromised and an investigation had been opened.
âBased on our investigation, we determined that our Twitter account was hacked by an external source. We took swift action to secure it, and we apologize that this tweet was sent through our corporate McDonald’s account. McDonald’s spokesperson Terri Hickey said in a statement.
McDonald’s is perhaps one of Trump’s favorite restaurants. After nabbing the 1,237 delegates needed to win the Republican presidential nomination in May, Trump posted a photo of himself with McDonald’s fries and an uneaten burger as he traveled on his plane.
In February, Trump expressed his love for the fast food chain during a Republican Town Hall on CNN, where he told host Anderson Cooper he preferred to snack on Big Macs, Quarter Pounders with cheese and fish, and praised the cleanliness of the stores.
âI like cleanliness,â he says. “And I think you better go [to McDonald’s] that maybe a place where you have no idea where the food comes from. “